Rules - III edition (2013)
The Organizing Committee
The Sellaronda Trailrunning is organized by the Sellaronda Trailrunning Committee, in cooperation with the Municipalities and the Tourist Boards of Canazei, Selva Valgardena, Corvara and Arabba.
The Sellaronda Trail Running can be run only in one way The start will be in Canazei (Val di Fassa) in Piazza Marconi (main square) on Saturday 14 2013 at 6.00
Requirements to take part to the race
To enter the race it is absolutely compulsory:
- To be at least 18 years old and in possession of a medical certificate for agonistic athletics valid by the date of the race (or to be a member of Fidal of the current year or member of any Sporting Association or federation recognized by the CONI)
- To be totally aware of the length and of the difficulty of the competition and to be properly trained to face it
- The Sellaronda Trail Running takes place mainly on alpine mountain paths. It is therefore required to be able and trained to run steadily on alpine tracks
The start of the race will take place in turn in Canazei (Val di Fassa) and Corvara (Val Badia) changing year by year. For the year 2013 the start of the race will be on Saturday September 14 2013 at 6.00 o’clock in Canazei in Piazza Marconi (main square). The check of the equipment is scheduled at 5.30 a.m.
The race will take place all around the Sella Massif, along dirt roads and paths, trying to avoid as much as possible asphalt roads and crossings on national roads. The racetrack is about 53 km and 900 m long with an altitude difference of 3.486 m. The race will cross the towns of Selva, Corvara, Arabba and Canazei and climbing the Sella Pass, the demanding ascent uphill the Dantercepies ski slope, climbing to the Campolongo Pass, the Bec de Roces mountain and the Pordoi Pass right after, before the long descent towards Canazei to finish the competition. The racetrack will be signalled by special flags. All along the track check points and refreshment points will be placed.
Maximum time and time limits
The maximum time to cover the distance is fixed in 11 hours. Along the racetrack the time limits to cover the mentioned distance will be established as follows:
- 3 hours from the start to Selva - at 9.00 a.m. closing of the gate
- 6 hours from the start to Corvara - at 12.00 p.m. closing of the gate
- 8 hours and 30 min. from the start to Arabba - at 2.30 p.m. closing of the gate
- 11 hours from the start to Canazei - at 7.00 p.m. closing of the gate
Final max. time: 11 hours.
The athletes who will exceed the above mentioned time limits will be excluded from the prosecution of the competition and their race numbers will be withdrawn. If, for any reason, an athlete disqualified from the race wants to complete the course, he is allowed to run under his/her own responsibility and has no access to refreshment points placed along the track. By the time check points, there will be shuttle buses at disposal to carry the athletes back to the arrival.
Semi self-sufficiency standard
A standard of semi self-sufficiency is required to run the race. Ten refreshment points will be placed along the racetrack where athletes can find drinks and food to be eaten directly there. Camel bags or water bottles can be refilled with water and supplements provided directly by organizers of the race. Any athlete must carry with him, from the start, all he needs to be self-sufficient on the distance from one refreshment point to the other one. Food and drinks provided by the refreshment points must be consumed in that delimited area, avoiding to carry and throw somewhere else any rubbish, such as plastic glasses, that can pollute the environment. Special bins will be placed in each refreshment point for the rubbish to be used compulsorily by the athletes. Any external assistance, provided by people not registered in the race, all along the track or even in short parts of it, is absolutely forbidden.
- A water supply of at least an half liter
- A survival blanket
- A whistle
- A first-aid kit
- Some food (energetic bars or energy gels)
- A wind-breaker jacket to wear in case of bad weather conditions
- Long running trousers
- Gloves and a hat
- A mobile phone (it is compulsory to communicate the phone number at the registration)
Other suggested equipment (not compulsory)
- A change of clothes
- Solar protection cream
- Vaseline or anti-grazing cream
The entry fee is fixed in € 50,00. The entries are possible from this website by downloading the entry form and sending it to TDS by fax to +39.041.5088345 or by ordinary mail to TDS - Via delle Macchine, 14 - 30038 Spinea (VE). The entry fee will be: until August 30 2012 € 50,00, from September 1 2012 up to the day of the race € 60,00. The payment must be done by means of bank transfer on the account by the Cassa Rurale Val di Fassa e Agordino – Agency of Canazei IBAN IT49 Z081 4034 5200 0000 9047 402 SWIFT CCRTIT2T38A. The medical certificate must be presented by the race office at the withdrawal of the race number. Tha race office will be in Colfosco by the Tita Alton hall (nearby the church) with the following opening times:
On Friday September 14: from 4.00 to 7.00 p.m.
On Saturday September 15: from 4.30 to 6.00 a.m.
The race number
The race number will be delivered to each athlete after showing the Fidal membership card or the medical certificate, valid by the date of the race. The race number is personal and cannot be transferred to any other person. It must be worn in a visible position for the whole competition. Any change of the race number is absolutely forbidden. Together with the race number, each athlete will be given a microchip for the time relevations during the race.
The race entry includes:
- The race gadget
- Timing service, including intermediate times
- Refreshments during and after the race
- Pasta Party
- Shuttle bus back to Corvara for the athletes withdrawn from the race
- Showering service by the Sports Hall (no shuttle service provided)
Categories and prizes
- MEN: 1. € 500,00 + a voucher 100,00 value - 2. € 400,00 + a voucher 100,00 value - 3. € 300,00 + a voucher 100,00 value - 4. € 200,00 + a voucher 100,00 value - 5. € 100,00 + a voucher 100,00 value - 6. € 50 - 7. € 50 - 8. € 50 - 9. € 50 - 10. € 50
- WOMEN: 1. € 500,00 + a voucher 100,00 value - 2. € 400,00 + a voucher 100,00 value - 3. € 300,00 + a voucher 100,00 value - 4. € 100,00 + a voucher 100,00 value - 5. € 80,00 + a voucher 100,00 value
The jury is composed by:
- the president of the Sellaronda Trailrunning Organizing Committee
- the race director
- by all the members chosen for their competence by the president and by the race director
Acceptance of the rules and of the runners' code of ethics
To take part to the Sellaronda each athlete must accept the above enlisted rules and the runners' code of ethics, without reserve. It is compulsory to follow the racetrack, without cutting the course. Cuts could turn into a damage to the soil, provoking deep erosion of the ground. By the refreshment points bins will be placed for the rubbish in order to avoid any pollution of the surrounding environment. Each athlete must provide first aid to anybody who should need assistance or being in danger and in case call for rescue team to intervene as soon as possible. General respect is highly recommended: self respect and respect for other runners, avoiding any kind of unfair behaviour; respect for the volunteers on duty; respct for local people who welcome the race; respect for the Organizing Committee and for its sponsors.
Penalties - disqualification
The race judges present along the trail, the persons in charge placed by the check-points and refreshment points must control that all the rules are respected by the athletes. In case of lack of respect of the rules penalties or even disqualification can be applied, in accordance with the judgement of the whole jury.
All the complaints must be written, delivered by the race office together with a deposit of € 100,00 (not to be refund in case of unacceptance of the complaint), within max. two hours after the athlete's arrival.
Changing of the racetrack and of the time limits. Cancellation of the race.
The Jury has the right, at any time, to change the course of the race and the position of both refreshment and first-aid points. In case of bad weather conditions the race can be delayed or cancelled. The Organizing Committee can suspend the race or can change the time limits imposed in case of specific conditions that could be considered dangerous for runners. Should the competition be cancelled, the entry fee would not be refunded. Any specific decision about it will be taken only by the jury.